Update to 2.1.2

Recently updated 18 IQ brains and Controllers that I use in taught sessions with pupils. Once updated 6 don’t tether with the controller. They are all using the standard Radio Module, nit the Smart Radio Module. Any thoughts? They work on 2.0.2. I’m confuggled with this one!

0 Likes

My order of checks would be (assuming they all worked fine before the update):

1. Double check all the radio modules are fully inserted
  2. Tether a known good controller to a Brain that you are having difficulties with and see if that works
  3. Tether a known good Brain to a controller that you are having difficulties with and see if that works

Assuming that when you connect a suspect set to VEXos, it can see all the components fine and is reporting them all as updated?

I had someone at Nationals with exactly the same issue Mike but it turned out that during the process, the radio module had been removed and reinserted from the controller and taken the pin shroud from the connector with it. When they reinserted it, the pins got mashed (so nothing to do with the firmware in their case). Was just a coincidence in that case that the 2.1.2 update had been applied as well.

0 Likes