USB Connection

I have run into a problem that I’m hoping someone can shed some light on. I have tried to connect TWO different cortexes using THREE different USB ports, and RobotC is not seeing the connection at all…should I keep trying different cortexes and cables or is there another issue that I’m overlooking? Please advise.

Have you tried using a different computer? If that’s your problem you may want to try restarting your computer.

Yes, we have tried three computers at this point. I can’t figure out what the issue could be!

Check in the device manager to see if the vex robotics com port is showing up. Make sure ROBOTC is set to vex cortex and not vexiq.

Do you mean, under “view” the “select communication port”? No, nothing is showing up there. It’s like it doesn’t even see the USB connection.

No, I mean in the Windows device manager. You should see a com port called vex robotics.

When I was testing an autonomous yesterday, if I plugged the cortex into the computer but didn’t actually turn the cortex on after more than a 1.5 seconds, windows would give a notif saying “usb device not reconized.” If this is what is happening, just unplug the cortex (after turning it off, of course) and try again.