USC VEXU Tower Takeover Reveal

Now that the season is over, here’s a reveal of our VEXU bots!

https://youtu.be/fHiDnFG9Kok

12 Likes

Looks very good. Are 3 robots allowed in VEXU? And are those 3D printed gears I see?

No limit to the number of robots in VEX-U, but in competition, one bot no bigger than 24" cube and one bot no bigger than 15" cube. Skills vary by year: sometimes two bots, sometimes only the large or the samll bot. I’ve seen a U-team build a pair of matching 15" bots for competition.

1 Like

We can have as many bots as we like, we just have to pick which two to use for each match.
And yeah, 3D printed gears work surprisingly well.

2 Likes

These bots make me want 3d printed parts in vrc even more. Great job.

1 Like

Nice, any code you want to share ?

6 Likes

when are you going to post videos of your programming skills?

2 Likes

This is our programming run for our 24” bot…

Our 24” bot scores 2 stacks of 4, and 4 towers. It uses a gyroscope, two white line sensors, motor encoders, and two limit switches for navigation.

We don’t have a video of it, and can’t get to our workspace for a while, but our 15” “generic tray bot” scores 2 stacks of 8 and 3 towers for a combined score of 192 programming.

We hoped to improve the 15” bot to do two stacks of 10, and the 24” bot to do an additional stack of 3 for worlds for a score of 248 programming.

We hadn’t practiced much yet, but the plan was 3 stacks of 10, and 3 towers with the 15” bot, and two stacks of 4, a stack of 3, and 4 towers with the 24” bot for a score of 328 driver. Based on high school teams’ skills this seemed very possible.

The goal was a combined score of close to 600 points at worlds.

17 Likes