VCAT VexU Regional Qualifier

Hello fellow VexU Teams! Next week, Friday January 27th, we will be hosting a regional qualifier. We have 9 teams registered, with at least more team registered for the event, we can award the tournaments champions with a pass to worlds! Don’t miss a chance to play the 2015-16 world champions! The 20th team to register gets free Vaughn College merch!

Here’s the schedule for the event:
8:00 AM doors open
8:30 inspections will start
10:30 - 12:00 qualifying matches will start
12:00 - 1:00 lunch break
1:00 - 2:15 qualifying matches will end
2:30 - 3:30 elimination matches
3:45 - 5:00 semi-finals and finals
5:00 - 5:45 award ceremony

Roboevents
Directions to the school
Stay tuned to our facebook for regular updates!

Any plans for recording matches and putting them on Youtube or doing a livestream?

Yeah, you totally should!

I dont think you understood my question. I am from a team in Georgia. i was asking if you guys are planning to record or livestream your matches to youtube

As a UK vexu team we wont have a chance to go to a competition for a while, so if you could record a few matches that would be great :slight_smile: we want to know what sort of thing other U teams are doing.

Haha, sorry for the confusion. I was agreeing with you and saying that VCAT should stream the tournament. I’m in AZ, so I won’t be there either, haha.

Like @Error404:Robot Not Found said, VEXU teams have to sort of live in a vacuum without much knowledge of what other teams are doing until worlds. Last year, VCAT revealed their robots earlier in the season which was pretty sweet. We need more things like that.

Sorry about that folks, we didn’t think to record matches, plus it would be rude to teams who didn’t want to reveal their secrets :wink: