Vertical Expansion Clarification: SG5

I am looking at adding a vertical c-channel that flips up on a hinge to block discs and I have a few questions. SG5 a) states “The Robot must not be contacting the gray field tiles in either Low Goal.” Does this mean that I would have to lower it to intake discs in the low goal? Also, when it flips up it will break the rules momentarily before it is all the way extended. Is this illegal? Last question, can the c-channel start extended or do I have to have it flip up after the match starts like I have planned?

Does this mean that I would have to lower it to intake discs in the low goal?

Yes, you would have to lower your blocker to go into the low goal and intake disks

Also, when it flips up it will break the rules momentarily before it is all the way extended. Is this illegal?

Yes, this is illegal, because while it is flipping up, it does not fit within the 2" vertical tube. You would need something that extends vertically.

Last question, can the c-channel start extended or do I have to have it flip up after the match starts like I have planned?

You need to fit within the starting 18 x 18 x 18 size requirements at the start of each match, so you would need to flip it up after the match starts.

6 Likes