Vex alliance selection app release

This is the official release of the VEX alliance Selection app Ver 1.0.1 Alpha

VERSION 1.0.1 Alpha now released!

Features:

• Team list contact list
  • Information can be gathered by watching matches.
  • Match list will save and can be re-loaded
  • NEW: Team ranking list! This includes showing WP and SP points!
  • NEW: Import .csv file with team list data
  • NEW: Export .csv file with team list data

Known bugs:

• Deleting a team from the team list has been disabled due to a bug that this may cause.

• I would suggest not messing with the team list at all once you start entering match data as the information might cause problems to appear.

• Currently the .csv import will overwrite the current match list. This is intentional.

You can find the source code for this program here: https://github.com/Fido488/vexAPP

Download here:
https://github.com/Fido488/vexAPP/downloads

is there a bug that recommends 4886A to be seleced??? :stuck_out_tongue:

The one I made is better :stuck_out_tongue: but it’s in microsoft access not java.

So? I have Access… :rolleyes:

(read: please post? :p)

Feature suggestion:
Create team list from CSV, or a similar format. I really don’t want to hand-type 100 teams in my division… :slight_smile:

Question:
What type of format do you store the team info in? Meaning, in the *.dat files on each team, how do you store information?
(I have Java programming experience, so I was wondering…)

//Andrew

Which frame are you talking about? You need to enter more teams to be able to select another team. 4886A is in there by default because I wanted to have an example.

The .dat file is an Array list of team objects. The individual team files don’t actually get implemented (these were part of the original program idea but I never removed it).
All team data is stored in the master team list file.

You can have a look at the source code if you would like. Any support would help. I will release another version tonight that allows you to list team ranking. It will have the W-T-L ranks with the WP and SP ranks.
Here is a preview of what is coming:

As for the CSV file. If you have an easy way that I can implement it I would be happy to implement it. This is my first Java program I have made, I am still learning.

The new version I release tonight will support CSV importing.

It might support exporting as well.

I found a library with very easy CSV import/exporting that I am using:
http://www.csvreader.com/java_csv.php

Thanks for the suggestions!

Wierd, nothing happens when I click the buttons… I’ve tried the First Run button, but still nothing. Looks like a cool program though! What did you use to make it?

VERSION 1.0.1 Alpha now released!

Features:

• Team list contact list
  • Information can be gathered by watching matches.
  • Match list will save and can be re-loaded
  • NEW: Team ranking list! This includes showing WP and SP points!
  • NEW: Import .csv file with team list data
  • NEW: Export .csv file with team list data

Known bugs:

• Deleting a team from the team list has been disabled due to a bug that this may cause.

• I would suggest not messing with the team list at all once you start entering match data as the information might cause problems to appear.

• Currently the .csv import will overwrite the current match list. This is intentional.

Download here:

Response to question:

I wrote it in java using netbeans (thank you GUI creators!).
As to your button problem: You can not move the .jar file. If you move it then it can’t find any of the files it needs to load the data from. If you want to re-locate the program then move the entire file that it is located in (you can not have the .jar separate from the “lib” file). If this dosen’t fix your problem let me know what your operating system is.

So we can’t get rid of 4886A anymore? :smiley: Nice app. It’s just going to be difficult to fill in everything like autonomous score or determine why a robot failed every 2 minutes.

The jar is not separate from the lib file, I moved the entire folder. I am using Windows 7. I tried 1.0.1, but it still has the same problem.

If you really want to get rid of us :frowning: then you can just edit the team and replace it with another. You can also remove it by editing the .csv and taking us out and then clicking import.

Hope this helps.

As for filling stuff out, currently the app only uses the scores, the superior robot checkbox and the disqualified checkbox. The ranking is based on the WP and Sp points.

I don’t know what to tell you. Are you using the newest version of java? This was written on my mac so I don’t know if there are any os related side affects. I’m having a look to see what the issue could be. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. I import the files using these class files: https://github.com/Fido488/vexAPP/tree/master/src/ActionPacks

Update: Version 1.0.2

Fixed a resize bug on the frame where you enter match data.