vex anti slip mat equivalent?

Hi, The VEX non slip pad looks suspiciously similar to the pads you can get for under your carpet to prevent them from sliding around. :slight_smile:http://www.amazon.com/Eco-Hold-Rug-Pad-Friendly/dp/B009CI5Y02/ref=pd_sim_hg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=006R8EBQ8F5QSG942D5X
Does anyone know the exact supplier for VEX and whether it is in fact the same thing? Has anyone used equivalents before? How about the thin type? Pictures? Links? Thanks.

I think the VEX ones have a bit of a smaller pattern than that. Check at Hardware stores and the like for the type of thing you can also put in drawers to stop stuff from sliding about.

I think it will be difficult to find the exact same, as there are probably so many different variations and different suppliers worldwide. I would take a sample with you to the stores and compare it.

This is a good idea. It’s worth the money to purchase a sample of actual VEX non-slip mat, instead of guessing and being told “that’s not legal.” We bought some of the “thick” style from VEX, then went to Home Depot (or similar) and bought a roll (10ft x 3ft?). We’ve never had to buy more.

Just make sure to cut the roll into pieces of 12"x15" or smaller before use, so it’s “identical” to a VEX part–it would be illegal to use, say, a strip of size 1" by 24".

The “Dollar Tree” chain has rolls of it also.