VEX Change Up Early Season Reveal

6 Likes

Were did you find this at?

They found it from one of the several threads already about this.

1 Like

Yah but if you think about it. Has there ever been a year a robot with a x drive has won worlds

1 Like

Edit: Trip beat me to it.

that has nothing to do with speed

1 Like

idk about that but an x drive could move around the field better than a tank drive anyways because of that

S T R A F I N G

4 Likes

The way the X drives wheels are angled makes it harder to fit your robot compact into frame and could be slightly harder to code. In the video we posted our robot is only going 115rpm so I think we’ll stick with tank but speed the drive up.

2 Likes

makes sense
cool robot though

2 Likes

X drives are :monkey:
20 character

1 Like

sounds good man, do what you think is best.

my robot is like yours with an x drive, too bad i can’t make it right now, my stuff is at school : (

3 Likes

Generally, X Drive > Tank Drive

6 Likes

Yah I know right it sucks

1 Like

if that’s what you think, than who am I to argue?

best of luck mate

If I could I honestly would build and test to see what would really be the best for this game but all that parts are at school rip

Also tank drives need full Omni wheels with full Omni you become easy to push and play defense on. Which I am trying to avoid.

Yeah, I thought of that too. My thinking is that the weight of my lift should help with defense.

It will help a little bit but I’ve played against heavy robots on full Omni but it didn’t make to much of a difference.

You’re probably right. I’ll see if the speed will make up for that.

1 Like

Tank drives can also use traction wheels, or “locked omnis” in order to be more resistant to being pushed from the sides.

5 Likes