VEX EDR certificate

I’m a new VEX teacher and know nothing about VEX robotics other than the videos I’ve seen. I was told at ISTE to do the VEX certificate training but now it’s not there any longer. Is that coming back soon?

They have certified training provided, on the Vex robotics website, there are also other video tutorials on Youtube. But are you teaching IQ or EDR?

Sorry…I forget that there are do versions. I am teaching the V5 EDR. This is where I am going and nothing is there:
https://certifications.vex.com/training/vex-edr/v5-educator-certification-course

Yes before it did work, in that case you should DM @DRow to ask when it will open. It should be soon, there are also other tutorials which Vex provides such as the vex curriculm, and Stem labs which is more classroom based.

Thanks for the help!
I’ve tried figuring it out on my own…but this is my first time posting in the forums. How do I DM someone in this interface?

just search for Drow in the search bar, click his profile photo and click message.

DUH! Thanks again for the help!

First off, great to hear that you are a new teacher getting started with VEX robotics. We look forward to providing you with some help and assistance as you implement VEX robotics in your classroom.

Concerning the V5 Educator Certification site, we just released VEXcode V5 Blocks. The Educator Certification was linked to the previous programming software (VCS). We are currently in the process of updating the Educator Certification (note: the referee certifications are still active) to align it with VEXcode V5 Blocks.

Our goal is to have the V5 Educator Certification back up around the end of September. In the meantime, I would encourage you to use our STEM Labs at education.vex.com . There is a teacher’s portal that you can select that gives you access to all of our teacher support material. Including:

• Pacing Guide
  • Teacher notes
  • Answer keys
  • Rubrics
  • Standards alignment
  • Extension activities

The STEM Labs also contain relevant links to more information a help.vex.com There are 8 STEM Labs now. We are currently updating some others, so there will be more added as they are updated.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information @jmckenna

My I ask that you return the old educator certification until you have a new one. Taking it offline has turned off ANY training opportunity for my new teachers and we are starting with classes August 28th… Waiting until end of September is not an option that works.

The timing of this could not be worse.

3 Likes