VEX going to Disney World!

Here’s an email announcement that went out today to teams. I knew some on the forums would want to know, so here it is.

Greetings VEX Teams,

That’s right. We are thrilled to announce a new event is being added to the annual competition schedule - the VEX Robotics All-Star Challenge at Disney’s Wide World of Sports® Complex Presented by NASA, iRobot, EMC, Autodesk and the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort. The tournament will be held November 12-14, 2009 at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort near Orlando, Florida.

A multi-year agreement has been reached with the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort to host the VEX Robotics All-Star Challenge each fall at Disney’s Wide World of Sports® Complex. The top teams from the VEX Robotics World Championship will earn special invitations to this event each year. The All-Star Challenge will be open to any teams from around the world who wish to participate and test themselves against the best of the best from the previous season in the new game for the current season (2009/2010-Clean Sweep).

The VEX Robotics All-Star Challenge at Disney’s Wide World of Sports® Complex will also be a qualifier for the VEX Robotics Competition World Championship, with the top teams earning an automatic spot. The event is now posted and open for registration, but space is limited.

Entry Fee: $250 per Team
Disney Hotel three night package:
Quad Room: $295 per person
Triple Room: $320 per person
Double Room: $363 per person
Single Room: $494 per person
Airport to Hotel Transportation: Included
Hotel to Event Transportation: Included
Park Passes: Included
Free entry into the Disney¹s Wide World of Sports® Complex: Included

You can visit the All-Star Challenge event page at Robotevents.com to register and for more detailed information. More hotel package details and an online registration site to reserve your hotel packages will be posted in the next couple of weeks on Robotevents.com.

We’re very excited about the new partnership and can’t wait to see the level of competition at this new premier VEX Robotics “All-Star” event each fall.

1 Like

Oh my god! This is pretty impressive! If I were American I would go there.

Very Interesting.

If this event is invitational…which teams received the invitations? Or is the event open on a first come first serve basis this year?

I’m really impressed by the amount of corporate sponsorship on this. Someone in the PR department must be working hard.

Aww, Oahu East Regional is on the 11th…

For the first year the event is open to all VRC teams on a first come first serve basis. So if you’re interested, come on down and join us at Disney.

Jason, you just dropped a HUGE robotics tournament in my freaking backyard. Orlando is an hour away from me. When I get to my university, I’ll be able to walk there!

Conroy’s got to know about this…

THANKS!
-Cody

EDIT: I should ask before I get all excited, will this include the college teams?