We purchased 5 Vex IQ super kits about a year ago. I thought during this time we had been charging our controllers at various times. But, we found out recently that one controller finally died. I now realize that these batteries last for dozens of hours. It was at this time I realized NONE of our controllers charge.
It is the exact same thing for all 5 controllers. When they are plugged in we see the same behavior, the charge/game light turns red for around 3 seconds then turns green.
Things I have tried:
- Using different USB/Data cables supplied in the original kit plugged in to USB wall chargers.
- Using different USB/Data cables supplied in the original kit plugged in to USB ports on a computer.
- Using an aftermarket USB data cable plugged in to a USB wall charger.
- Tethering the controller to the multiple different brains
- Turning the controller on or off while the charging cable is plugged in - each transition of power results in the same 3 seconds of red light then green.
- Leaving the controller sit with the green light for quite a while while tethered to a brain. The controller still doesn’t turn on when unplugged from tether.
I just don’t get it. 5 controllers, none charge, on any of the described methods to charge them? Doesn’t make any sense.