Vex IQ Firmware Updater on Windows XP?

I installed the latest Vex IQ Firmware Updater. Installation completed with no errors. But when I try to run it, I get this error message:

“This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”

I did uninstall and reinstall it, but I got the same result again. I can think of two reasons for this:

1. The Updater app doesn’t work on Windows XP.
  2. I’m getting this error because I don’t have the Robot Brain connected to my computer.

Any thoughts? I’m totally new to this, so no idea what to expect.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

Are you installing version 1.17 of the VEX IQ Firmware Update Utility? This is the latest version available for download from this page: http://www.vexrobotics.com/vexiq/software/firmware

Version 1.16 and previous had a bug that prevented the program from correctly installing on some Windows XP installations.

Thanks,

• Art

Hi Art,

Yes, I just downloaded the updater yesterday. 1.17. The XP installation is SP3, with all updates applied from Microsoft. Clean fresh installation…

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Art,

My mistake… It actually was version 1.16 that I had earlier. I downloaded 1.17 just now, and it’s working! Thanks!

Matt