Vex Parts being used in our daily life

As summer in going on in Georgia, my mom’s sister came to vist for a week, I wanted to prank her so I decied to use vex parts for that. I set up a Bumper switch and touch led, so when my mom’s sister comes through the door I programed the bumper switch to be pressed a alarm goes off and touch led turns red. Then I got a better Idea, I wanted to create a home security for my door, I set everything up but programming is the hard thing, I am still working on it. Tell me some good ideas the Vex parts can be used in our daily life than robotics.

9 Likes

This might be a fun topic for V4/Cortex repurpose of depreciated gear.

12 Likes

Battlebots.

Recently I built a v5 tombstone (will post a video soon). I also added our old v4 electronics to the iq builds of endgame and warhead, so that they could be driven around and stuff.

Other than that, I once built a pong robot for a school project (like this but with ultrasonic sensors instead of a camera.

Lastly, I had an idea to use the cortex plus tarans led tutorial to add moving underglow lights to my truck. Not sure how easy that would be though.

13 Likes

couldn’t find a belt for prom

23 Likes

using vex chain to hold up your pants at an important event? that’s quite the gamble

26 Likes

I asked my then girlfriend to prom using a Vex robot speaker back in the day.

25 Likes

How funny, I also made an accessory out of chain. I made a chain link bracelet, and used the tread with screw holes in it to attach a metal plate to the other chain links. On the metal plate, I spelled out their name using the VEX license plate stickers. Pretty heavy bracelet, but they still enjoyed it!

6 Likes