Vex Pnematic tank mount

For the tank for the vex pneumatics kit, how do you mount it on your robot? Is there a 3d print for it to hold or how does your team mount them?

Zip ties
20 CharChar

1 Like

I’m probably not the best person to speak up about this because my robot is jerryrigged. But, that I know of, I simply just zip-tie it in a good spot where it can stay stable. This is awful advice, but is a last resort. I don’t know if there is a CAD model though, I will look into it.

we did it with zip ties easy and simple

1 Like

we find some zipties and rubber bands and get creative, but I think there might be a vex mount

Zipties or wrap a 1x1x25 steel bar around it and screw it to somewhere on the robot.

3D printing is currently illegal so we just zip tie them on.

2 Likes

During Spin Up my team tried to use a custom slide-on and slide-off system for our pneumatics by using a VEX linear slide with a shortened (3/8"?) screw. It didn’t work, of course, so we used zip ties. Here are some images of it:

I think zip ties are the most common method of attaching the legacy pneumatic reservoirs and (from what it seems) the new ones as well.

1 Like

If you dont wanna use zipties you can dril a hole in some 3 wide and use the gian nuts they come with amd bolt them .

1 Like

Zipties are the easiest and most convenient way, but we used small polycarb strips wrapped around the tank to secure them.

Image is a bit old but it shows them well

5 Likes

Glad to know that I wasn’t the only one!