I’m currently in the process of building a VEX Scouting App.
I originally had plans to implement the VEX Database to receive match schedules and such and then let the user select a match to scout from the list (similar to how FRC teams use TBA if you are familiar). However, I recently realized that the data in the VexDB is not particularly reliable and that information for some events is seldom put it within the week of the event, much less real time, and sometimes is never even entered. With this, many of the features I had intended to implement simply cannot work.
So, I came to the tough realization that my app was basically a prettier version of a Google Sheets. As such, I have come to the forums to ask what would feature(s) would make my app worth using over a Google Sheets?
As of now, the features I have plan to or at least have though about implementing include:
- A login/register and team system
- Time/Event based scouting (buttons like “intake cube” and “place stack” with integrated match timer to increase ease-of-use and calculate time-dependent variables like cycle time)
- Pretty graphs and some calculated values from data (please suggest any specific values or graphs or any other data analysis that would be useful)
- Match Prediction based on collected and prexisting data (if applicable)
- Sharing data between teams
- Assign team members to scout
Also, I want to know if anyone is even interested in something like this. It’s going to be mobile friendly a singificantly nicer in terms of aesthetics in comparison to other VEX Scouting options.
Who would be interested in using such a VEX Scouting App?
- No chance
Please let me know what guys think about this and PLEASE make some suggestions. Thanks!
(Also, the tentative name is ScoutMe.me)