Vex water Game?

I’ve been Rick Rolled so many times I can recognize the link like the back of my hood.

Hehe get it hood, like hood bot
sorry for explaining the joke

5 Likes

@DRow

please move to chit/chat

3 Likes

That is a very insightful observation - there are multiple ways in which the water could be incorporated into a VRC game.

First, they could introduce game objects that are not liquid, but conceptually represent the water, like this foam droplet:

Then, they could create an elite version of the game that is played on an ice rink, instead of the regular foam tiles. This will avoid multiple issues of V5 electronics interacting with water in its liquid state, as well as create some interesting and unique challenges:

Finally, there is such thing as electronics friendly Dry Water!

GDC, make your choices!

And, finally, repeat after me:

“I will program my aquanomous in time for the competition”
“I will program my aquanomous in time for the competition”
“I will program my aquanomous …”

14 Likes

@Got_a_Screw_Loose, I think this is kinda your thing?

1 Like

I feel like GDC will most likely use foam droplets, as it is the most inexpensive. No ice or special water needed and they have had plently of foam pieces in the past. It would also be interesting to see how scoring would work with those

1 Like
2 Likes

I think VEX knew someone would say that…

1 Like

i haven’t been on in a while but I just wanted to drop in and see what’s up. Also when is the game going to be released.

Here’s the preview link for the next year’s water game from the Future Game Development Group: Future Game Development Group Page

The official game release is normally the last day of the World Competition. The actual schedule has not yet been released with the date/time. (Update: May 22 for VRC, May 29 for IQ).

6 Likes

I can’t even count how many times that I have been Rick rolled on this forum

4 Likes

If the link ends in XcQ, don’t click it.

1 Like

Indeed. Plenty of Water Games have turned out to be fakes, which which is why you should be extra careful of XcQ links

5 Likes

Water game confirmed?

1 Like

May 22 for VRC, May 29 for IQ

2 Likes

Do you happen to know what time the game release will be?
This is the schedule for that day:
Do you know if it’s during the morning ceremony or just the afternoon or just for the LRS?

1 Like

Its always been after all the matches and awards I believe, so I’m gonna assume its after everything.

8 Likes

Thanks. I know that’s how it’s been in the past and you’re right that does make the most sense.

ok thanks i am typing something random so it is 20 characters long

What animation software would be used for making a game reveal video?

they might not use an animation and could use real props and robots. I am not entirely sure though because then Vex would have to film the video before the game release and therefore rumors could spread easier. Also, for change up they did not use an animation for the initial game release.

1 Like