VEX Website Update

My team and I noticed that the new vex site seems broken. Specifically the product accessories page. The buttons for the 4 categories don’t link anywhere.

Thanks!

(I’ve moved this thread to a new channel to allow for additional responses)

Thanks for pointing this out! I’ve fixed the links on those images, so that page should work as normal now.

As I’m sure many of you have noticed, we’ve updated the VEX Robotics website. This update is something we’ve been working on for a while now, and includes a complete rewrite on the back end, while also giving the front end a fresh new look. The site is now mobile responsive, which we hope will provide you with a better user experience no matter what device you are on.

While we tried to catch every broken link and miscellaneous bug, we’re still human. I can almost guarantee you that this will not be the only problem such as this that got glanced over. Please bare with us as we fix any additional glitches that may result from an overhaul of this size.

On that subject, if you happen to run across anything that appears weird or broken, please email us at support@vexrobotics.com or leave a response in this thread so that we can fix it. We are dedicated to giving our users the greatest experience possible, and will be working feverishly to make sure that we deliver on that promise.

@DRow – on Firefox for both the VEX site and the forum, there is 5/8" high block of V’s birds and f’s. A lot of screen real estate. And I know it’s all about social media, and most likely an internal secret, but I can’t imagine that the media buttons get clicked more than once every 100,000 visits. Is that the best use of that much space? I’d rather see just the four V’s with it spelled out on what they are rather than trying to remember colors. Or hover and look at what the URL is.

@DRow I can’t say I’m too fond of the row with the colored V’s and social networking icons being at the bottom on mobile. If nothing else, they are distracting when typing with an on-screen keyboard…

I would prefer if they were placed vertically at the top, where they could be scrolled out of view (see extremely rough sketch attachment).
_20170402_132236.JPG
_20170402_132316.JPG
IMG_20170402_133127.jpg

@DRow On the VEXPro website when you scroll down towards the bottom, some text appears to have been shifted downward or sized improperly (see attached image).

Edit: I found another instance here.
vexpro.PNG
competition.PNG

Hey DRow - The link to the marketing material on vexrobotics.com is not working.

Also, on the VEX EDR site, near the top, there seems to be a big open spot with unused space. I am not sure if the picture is supposed to be bigger or if there is supposed to be text there, but it doesn’t seem right.
edr.PNG

I can’t say I’m a fan of the colored V’s and social media icons at the bottom of the forum… They are really obtrusive to the rest of the forum especially on my tiny 13" laptop. On my 20" desktop, it’s fine that they are on the side. However, I find it odd that the icons are larger on my 13" inch than my 20"… Seems kind of backwards IMO. They really shouldn’t be that big.

I cannot login to the new site. I have put in my email address into the “Forgotten” password link, but do not receive a link to reset my password.

Regards,
Kevin

Same here; I put in my email address hours ago and just checked all possible places in my inbox (again)

I’ve passed this request on to our IT director. We will look into making that bar smaller.

These should be better now.

Can you be more specific? The only link to that page I’m seeing on the main landing page is in the footer, and it’s working for me.

Have you checked your spam folders? There’s a chance it could’ve been placed in there. If you have, let me know, and we’ll look further into it.

Thank you again everyone for your feedback!

The icons are working again now, so that’s nice too

I’ve checked every possible folder in my inbox: spam, low priority, everything.

No password reset email to be found.

I found some weird spelling mistakes on the vexiq products page. In the descriptions of several products, some words have been repeated in what looks to be the British-English spelling of that particular word. I am not quite sure what happened, but I thought I should let someone know.

(“Product Name”: word)

-“Classroom Activities for the Busy Teacher”: programsprogrammes
-“VIQC Blank Team Number Plate”: customizablecustomisable … personalizepersonalise
-“Thin Sheet Attachment Pin (50-pack)”: personalizedpersonalised
-“25mm Ball (50-pack)”: colorscolours
-“Distance Sensor”: minimizeminimise
-“Color Sensor”: colorcolours … colorcolour
-“Touch LED”: colorcolour … colorcolour

Also, on the VEX Pro products page, there is one mistake.

“Versa Everything”: Simbiotic is spelled Symbiotic.
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.35.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.41.24 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.40.58 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.42.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.48.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.49.58 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.52.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-04-03 at 9.56.14 PM.png

Ha. So we actually have a class in our CSS that is supposed to change the spelling of those words, based on which site you’re viewing from (US / CA / UK / EU). Looks like it’s not applying there for some reason. I’ll look more into this in the morning.

I don’t see a problem here. Just a pun. :slight_smile:

Actually, I guess it somehow just doesn’t work on my desktop, so nvm

The three links under ‘Docs and Downloads’ for the VEXpro Arm 9 Microcontroller are broken.

Agreed!!!

https://www.vexrobotics.com/contact/marketing-resources

It seems to be working for me with this 12" chromebook. Did you try using another browser?:
Just to add something, whenever I try scrolling on the forum with Microsoft Edge(my PC at home), it doesn’t seem to want to scroll. Like, whenever I go on another website which has scrolling required (YouTube, Drive, Google Search) it works just fine. Idk if it’s a personal issue or an issue throughout all computers. But, luckily, it seemed to work just fine on the Chrome bowser(hahaha punny).
EDIT//: Thank you DRow for all you do, like you da champ! :slight_smile:
Screenshot 2017-04-04 at 8.03.35 AM.png

Oh, that’s what those icons are supposed to look like? On my 13" mbp they’re always massive along the bottom, which is much more annoying than that.