VEX Worlds 2022 Dates

Have the published the dates for VRC Worlds 2022 yet?

1 Like

Probably 21-23 or 28-30 of April.

I do not have published dates - which is what OP is asking for.

anyone who has the published dates should respond to OPs question.

4 Likes

Ugh.

FRC already has theirs out. I don’t like the conflicts.

FIRST Championship Houston: April 20 - April 23, 2022
FIRST Championship Detroit: April 27 - April 30, 2022

1 Like

For as long as FIRST has the two championship model, it’s more than likely one or more of them will be in conflict with VEX Worlds.

4 Likes

Yeah, we have been fortunate so far. Fingers crossed for next year.

1 Like

Yeah one year our FRC mentor flew back and forth between Detroit and Louisville for FRC Worlds and VEX worlds that same week. Insanity

2 Likes

Even tougher … our kids do both. We decided to opt of the the Detroit one when they qualified for both (2018). Thought about trying to send some of the teams to Detroit and some to Louisville, just too hard. As you could guess, the best drivers needed to be in both places.

1 Like

image from Ontario EP

10 Likes

Back then it was April 20th until 2018 when it was moved to the 25th, then back to the 20th for 2021, and now it’s gonna be in May for 2022🤔

This sounds like another company beat the VRC Worlds host for 2022 in the new venue, and had to get the short end of the stick of what else if left which is a venue in May. No complaints though as it means this new season would be the longest at least of the 4-5 previous seasons by about 10-15 days.

4 Likes

Eh, I think it’s just because they extended change up, otherwise tipping point would be like a month shorter than usual. Pretty sure vex has a contract for the location, so they should’ve been able to do it earlier if they wanted

1 Like

Also, this is great for vexu since it’s no longer right in the middle of final exams

3 Likes

I completely forgot about finals. Thats honestly a good point!

5 Likes

At the same time, now in the middle of AP Exams

6 Likes

Yup… it will be middle of Singapore exam as well.
Hope rec will take exam dates into consideration.

3 Likes

Not necessarily, this schedule would be horrible for PYRO, as we would be missing 4 out of our 5 final exam days.

4 Likes

When I was in college Worlds was a week before my finals. Now Worlds would be smack dab in the middle of them

4 Likes

Bumping this back up …

Trying to plan the year, is there anything definitive regarding dates for Worlds yet?

1 Like

This came from my EEM when we had our season planning meeting.

5 Likes

Interesting … separating HS and MS.

1 Like