VEX Worlds Public Statement

i will cry once for each of my qualifications

2 Likes

Sometimes, we gotta think about people other than ourselves. Like parents and grandparents. If you don’t want to kill them, you shouldn’t support spreading a disease that has a very high deathrate amongst the elderly.

7 Likes

The sheer number of countries and states that cannot attend worlds might itself be an issue

taran you were 800 in the world for skills…

3 Likes

Precautions and safety measures can greatly reduce this risk

As I’m sure @jack202020, @vex.3553C, and @375X_Robotics would agree, Worlds being canceled would be a terrible thing. With that being said, it would be the best thing to do for the safety of the community.
s
EDIT: @375X_Robotics has informed me that he does in fact want worlds ‘banned’.

I understand this…but what about the flu? That kills many elderly, yet we continue with life

3 Likes

The flu had a known solution tho

1 Like

I don’t mind worlds being cancalled. This game is not made for high level play as it is over in 40 seconds, too rng and the qna rules are very extreme.

3 Likes

720 Worlds spots, many many teams can’t go. You do the math.

It’s not an either or thing with flu and covid 19 lol, and medical workers do try really hard to suppress the flu each year, aka the flu shot

2 Likes

The math says 800 isn’t enough, because they’re also pulling from wait list, not just skills

1 Like

This thread is starting to get out of hand. Please keep it civil.

20 Likes

What if we just have worlds without spectators like family and it’s just teams so that cases are minimized? Kinda like how some basketball games were going until it was cancelled

3 Likes

That’s a good idea

20 char

Thank you Dillon! We all need to calm down here.

vex but you ship your robot and run it through VR

2 Likes

https://discord.gg/UtQchs join this server 4 synchronized crying when worlds is cancelled

4 Likes

Updated here: