VEXcode forgets that make exists

Occasionally, around once every few hours, VexCode will just stop being able to compile, instead giving this error in the Output area:

'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[error]: make process closed with exit code : 1

This can be fixed by running the installer again and choosing the repair installation button, but this can take as long as 15 minutes to do and really takes a lot of time out of coding sessions.

1 Like

Im pretty sure this got fixed in Preview 3. The temporary fix for preview 2 was to just restart vexcode.

1 Like

When we’ve seen this error, just restarting VEXcode brings it back to life.

edit- Sniped!

yes, as far as we know it has been fixed in preview 3.
There should not have been any need to reinstall VEXcode, unless you have found a different issue, please update and let us know.

I updated last night and just had the issue a few minutes ago, It happened immediately after doing a firmware update but only happened on the first brain I updated on.

To clarify,
VEXcode preview 3 should have fixed the make issue, this is independent of whether you had updated the V5 brain to vexos V1.0.7 which was also released yesterday. Can you confirm that preview 3 is working for you in respect to the “make” issue that we had before

Updating fixed it. Thanks.

Preview 3 still has this issue. Ive been working in it for a few days and have had this issue and my second team just had this issue today on preview 3.

I’m also having this issue with vex code. I just downloaded vex code yesterday so have no clue what the issue is. I tried restarting vex code and this did not fix the issue. I’m getting both the error listed and: [error]: make process closed with exit code : 2 Any tips? Thanks