We are happy to release version 1.0.4 of VEXcode IQ Blocks, it can be downloaded here:
New for this version:
- Added Android support for VEXcode IQ Blocks.
- (All) Implemented detailed messages when compiler errors are generated.
- (All) Added logic to detect duplicate variable names in existing projects.
- (All) Added logic to prevent duplicate names when creating variables/lists/devices.
- (All) Improved variable name and device name validation to avoid using reserved words.
- (All) Added a Controller block to programmatically enable/disable control of the Devices Window configured Controller.
- (All) Updated existing and added new example projects.
- (All) Add a timeout for the Cloud Compiler process to prevent the application from locking up during communication errors.
- (iPadOS/Android/ChromeOS) Improved Cloud Compiler connectivity to prevent communication errors.
- (iPadOS) Fixed issue with iOS losing changes to projects when closed.
- (iPadOS) iPadOS will now always restore to last open project or unsaved project.
- (iPadOS) Fixed number keypad not displaying for numeric entry on iPadOS 13.
- (iPadOS) Improved wireless downloading speed via Smart Radios.
Some known issues include
- Blocks do not automatically update when device / direction names change in the Devices window
- Share functionality is not yet supported on iPad/Android
- Recent Projects is not yet supported on ChromeOS
- Projects will not download on iPad/Android if a VEX IQ Controller with a Smart Radio installed is actively linked to a VEX IQ Brain
- Tutorial videos cannot be played in “full screen” mode on ChromeOS
- When installing on Windows 7, you may receive a warning about unsigned VEX IQ drivers. Users will need to select “Install this driver software anyways” to proceed
- Interacting with notes on iOS devices may cause problems with responsiveness. If the workspace is not responsive after interacting with notes, select a Category from the Toolbox to restore the workspace.
- Using the “Share” button to generate a PDF of the project does not print the content of project notes (yellow boxes).
Just like normal, iOS and ChromeOS builds for this version may be delayed by a few days due to Apple / Google review processes. These will be published as soon as they are approved.
As always, we appreciate any user feedback. If you come across something that doesn’t seem right, please let us know below!