We are happy to release version 1.0.4 of VEXcode IQ Blocks, it can be downloaded here:
New for this version:
- Added Android support for VEXcode IQ Blocks.
- (All) Implemented detailed messages when compiler errors are generated.
- (All) Added logic to detect duplicate variable names in existing projects.
- (All) Added logic to prevent duplicate names when creating variables/lists/devices.
- (All) Improved variable name and device name validation to avoid using reserved words.
- (All) Added a Controller block to programmatically enable/disable control of the Devices Window configured Controller.
- (All) Updated existing and added new example projects.
- (All) Add a timeout for the Cloud Compiler process to prevent the application from locking up during communication errors.
- (iPadOS/Android/ChromeOS) Improved Cloud Compiler connectivity to prevent communication errors.
- (iPadOS) Fixed issue with iOS losing changes to projects when closed.
- (iPadOS) iPadOS will now always restore to last open project or unsaved project.
- (iPadOS) Fixed number keypad not displaying for numeric entry on iPadOS 13.
- (iPadOS) Improved wireless downloading speed via Smart Radios.
Some known issues include
- Blocks do not automatically update when device / direction names change in the Devices window
- Share functionality is not yet supported on iPad/Android
- Recent Projects is not yet supported on ChromeOS
- Projects will not download on iPad/Android if a VEX IQ Controller with a Smart Radio installed is actively linked to a VEX IQ Brain
- Tutorial videos cannot be played in “full screen” mode on ChromeOS
- When installing on Windows 7, you may receive a warning about unsigned VEX IQ drivers. Users will need to select “Install this driver software anyways” to proceed
- Interacting with notes on iOS devices may cause problems with responsiveness. If the workspace is not responsive after interacting with notes, select a Category from the Toolbox to restore the workspace.
- Using the “Share” button to generate a PDF of the project does not print the content of project notes (yellow boxes).
Just like normal, iOS and ChromeOS builds for this version may be delayed by a few days due to Apple / Google review processes. These will be published as soon as they are approved.
As always, we appreciate any user feedback. If you come across something that doesn’t seem right, please let us know below!
When I download it to my computer, Which has accepted all previous versions, it tells me that this App cannot run on my PC. Thoughts?
Is the installer giving the error? Or after you’ve installed it’s now throwing the error? A screenshot would be helpful to figure out where the issue might be.
Notice my mouse. As soon as I try to open the file it gives me this notification.
And I downloaded V5 Block and everything went fine.
We’re looking into the issue. Looks like a code signing certificate issue.
Upload issues should be resolved now. Please try redownloading VEXcode IQ Blocks. Thanks!
VEXcode V5 Text for chromebooks anytime soon?
We are getting into auto and we need functions… wither text or myblocks… pretty please!
I opened the VEXcode IQ Blocks App on my android phone.
When I finished and saved my project, I can’t download it.
Is your device connected to the internet?
Are you on a particularly restrictive network (e.g. at a school or a workplace) that might do something like blocking network traffic on port
5636 or headed to the compiler server located at
Assuming the answers to the above questions are “yes” and “no”, respectively, try writing and compiling the simplest program you can think of (e.g., just print something to the screen) - if that works then there may be a problem with the code you originally wrote.
For the Cloud Compiler issues, take a look at this article:
VEXcode IQ Blocks was not intended to work on Android Phones, just Tablets…
We’re targeting to have My Blocks by the end of the year!
It’ll be sometime in 2020 - lots of technical headaches with Chromebooks and the server-based structure that VEXcode Text currently uses.
Still waiting to add the option to control motors (that are defined as drivetrain)
robot has only 2 motors which are drivetrain motors and i want to have the option to control on side only.
Has the issue of the drivers not being installed using the MSI version for network mass deployment been resolved?
Also what’s the ETA fur VEXCode IQ Blocks?
We have some initial instructions on how to work around the driver installation in the MSI components. We’re still investigating a more long-term fix.
I’ll send this out to the schools/teams I work with. Thank you
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.