Vexcode log files

Hello

Is there a way to log in vexcode.

Like creating a log file where the sensor values are written and can be looked at after the code has run

Thanks
Ashish

You could try printing the sensor values to a txt file on a SD card

1 Like

Thanks

I tried looking for the block to write to SD card but I can’t find any block that write to an SD card. I am using vexcode for vex IQ

Thanks
Ashish

@turbodog did something like you are looking for. See this article ( http://www.delmarvarobotics.org/2019/01/vexiq-autonomous-programming-tool/) for a description and a link to a video describing what to do. Let us know how it worked out.

1 Like

Thanks we did look at the link you provided. That link has some great info. Thanks for that.

What i am trying to do is some thing like this

// original code
when controller-button-E up-pressed broadcast forward1
// end original code

we want to log the action into a file so at a later time the students can see the log file

some thing like this
when controller-button-E up-pressed **log("button E up was pressed")** broadcast forward1

This way the students can look at the log file and see what the robot did. we can also log sensor values to see that the robot is picking up the correct values

Thanks
Ashish

There isn’t any SD card capability on the VEXIQ brain. If you are using Robot C, you can use the data log feature that captures the data on your PC. Robot C is free and I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.