VEXcode Pro V5 driver installation problem: Adding the driver package failed : A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider

Hello! I’m struggling with a problem with the vexcode pro v5 driver installation.

It keeps showing ‘Adding the driver package failed : A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.’ after clicking the driver installer.

I’m currently using Windows 11 Dev Channel Build 22543. The driver works in the previous version Build 22538, But also didn’t work in some previous Dev Channel versions.

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this. We have had a few reports of this recently and are currently investigating this issue. Can you provide me with some additional information about your machine.

• Are you using Windows 11 Home or Windows 11 Pro or one of the business versions?
  • Are you using the EXE installer or the MSI installer?
  • Did you try installing VEXcode V5? VEXcode V5 has drivers signed with a newer signing certificate with a different root certificate, so it may fix the issue.

I will be investigating this on our end, but additional information always helps.

2 Likes

I’m using Windows 11 Pro in Dev Channel Build 22543
I intstalled it using EXE installer
I’m not installing VEXcode V5, I’m installing VEXcode Pro v5 instead.

Thanks for the reply!

I just tried to install VEXcode v5 but it didn’t work. Same root certificate issue. :frowning:

Sorry for bothering you, but may I know if there’s a solution to this problem?

I have tested this on several Windows 11 machines with several different versions of the operating system on each. However, I have yet to reproduce this issue.

At this point it seems like it is something about how you have your machine configured so I will need some additional information. Is your machine running a clean install of Windows 11? Do you have any software installed that would limit what you can install on your machine?

We will continue to investigate this, but issue like this, that only happen for select users or on select machines, are particularly difficult to resolve, so this process may take some time. You can also expect that we will probably ask for more information as we work through the issue.

I’m not running a clean install Windows 11 Dev, I updated it from Windows 10 Dev.