We’re happy to release a fully functional preview of VEXcode V5 Blocks!
VEXcode V5 Blocks supports chromebooks and is powered by Scratch Blocks. We added 100+ VEX specific blocks to make programming a V5 robot easier than ever before. This allows students to experiment and explore programming without the complexities of compiler errors or a text-based language.
VEX Robotics is releasing new coding tools for IQ and V5 robots.
VEXcode IQ Blocks - v1.0 Available Now
VEXcode IQ Text - Coming October 2019
VEXcode V5 Blocks - Preview Version Available now
VEXcode V5 Text - v0.9 Available Now
Key Features in this Preview:
- Works on Chromebooks, Windows, and Macs. iPads and Android coming soon.
- Drag & drop design that is powered by Scratch Blocks
- Built-in video tutorials to get you up and running
- Drivetrain blocks make coding your robot simple and fun
- Students learn blocks quickly with built-in help written by educators
- Setting up robots is simple, so students can get to the fun of coding
- Competition Templates, examples and video tutorials will get you ready to compete
- Integrated Firmware updater and Vision Sensor utility
- Test your robot build in a flash with the zero-code wireless controller tools
- Jumpstart learning with 30+ example projects
- Visit education.vex.com for FREE coding and robotics STEM Labs
- Instant online answers to almost any question at help.vex.com
Planned v1.0 Enhancements (Expected by the end of August 2019)
- Wireless downloading via the V5 Controller
- 2D Lists (arrays)
- Translated blocks into Spanish and Chinese
- More tutorials and example projects
- Updates to the Built-in Help for blocks
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Availability in the Mac App Store / Windows 10 Store
To download the preview version of VEXcode V5 Blocks, visit the VEXcode Download page: