We are happy to release version 1.0.4 of VEXcode V5 Blocks, it can be downloaded here:
New for this version:
- (All) Implemented detailed messages when compiler errors are generated.
- (All) Added logic to detect duplicate variable names in existing projects.
- (All) Added logic to prevent duplicate names when creating variables/lists/devices.
- (All) Improved variable name and device name validation to avoid using reserved words.
- (All) Added a Controller block to programmatically enable/disable control of the Devices Window configured Controller.
- (All) Updated existing and added new example projects.
- (All) Add a timeout for the Cloud Compiler process to prevent the application from locking up during communication errors.
- (ChromeOS) Improved Cloud Compiler connectivity to prevent communication errors.
Some known issues include
- Blocks do not automatically update when device / direction names change in the Devices window
- Recent Projects is not yet supported on ChromeOS
- Tutorial videos cannot be played in “full screen” mode on ChromeOS
- Using the “Share” button to generate a PDF of the project does not print the content of project notes (yellow boxes).
Just like normal, iOS and ChromeOS builds for this version may be delayed by a few days due to Apple / Google review processes. These will be published as soon as they are approved.
As always, we appreciate any user feedback. If you come across something that doesn’t seem right, please let us know below!