Vexiq gen2 firmware update vexos failed

We have a competition tomorrow and the gen2 brain stared an update of firmware then failed. I’ve tried multiple computers, multiple cables, browser, windows and chrome installed. I’ve seen other posts that talked about this but never a resolution. Does anybody have a fix for this? Or at least something to try?

Thanks

pull the battery out and try again (perhaps you already did that, idk). looks like it failed during flash programming, if it constantly fails and the UI freezes (the green boxes stop flashing) it may be failed hardware.
make sure only VEXcode (or the web environment) is the only program trying to communicate with the brain.

5 Likes

I have been pulling the battery trying to get it to communicate. Sometimes it seems hopeful and will show the brain connected but then fails firmware update.

Also, if you have canned air dust cleaner, blow into the ports and cable to make sure there is nothing stuck preventing good cable contact.

1 Like

you could close VEXcode and try the web version.
https://codeiq.vex.com/
(click on the brain icon to connect)

Is this a brain that’s not been used recently ? I only ask as the latest firmware was released 3 months ago.

5 Likes

We tried the web version and it shows the USB ports but was unable to connect.

The team has connected the brain to the computer a couple of time a week for the last month, without issue.