VIQC Pitching In Ideas

I think catapults are totally not efficient, and quite inaccurate

1 Like

Turning Point would like to kindly disagree.

I, conversely, think flywheels will be hard to use with the balls squishy and compliant shape.

Regardless, I am always happy to see many different designs perform well rather than just a single meta design. (You should’ve seen our team watching the Asia-Pacific team with a triple lift design at Overall Finals last night!)

4 Likes

Yeah, the difference in opinions of things is going to make for some epic bots

“Really Strong” DR4B with IQ parts is a difficult task.

1 Like

This reveal looks pretty good for an inspiration: https://youtu.be/NX6mLf8iO34

1 Like

I am up to the challenge, our temporary mock up for it can already reach the high hang w/ a load of the balls.

any word on the notebooks? digital or reg or either? thanks

1 Like

Official word won’t come until the judge guide is released some time in the summer – last year’s has a release date of 8/14/2020.

But unofficially, given that LRT and remote skills-only events are sticking around for 2021-22, there will need to be some guidelines for digitally submitting notebooks for remote judging.

6 Likes

I was thinking of a bot close to 1104 nothing but net flywheel bot. The low bars may mean the robot needs to expand and shrink

1 Like

That’s a great idea (and a beautiful bot), but one-wheel flywheels are especially hard to get right in IQ, due to the lack of flexible plastic. That being said, I’d love to see someone build one!

1 Like

would hexbug plastic used on the caution tape bot be a good substitute for lexan?

Maybe, but I would try to go with either catapults or possibly a double flywheel. Maybe something more similar to the 8059 turning point robots?

1 Like

The mechanisms used in VRC for catapults involve shaving gears to make a slip gear setup.

If anything the herobot that is given to IQ might be a good way if it can be perfected so you can do a faster rapid fire setup

2 Likes

Will flywheels work with the squishy balls?

This design could possibly be viable for this year’s game and doesn’t need any slip gears.

8 Likes

If your robot is sturdy enough, you could make a rubber band powered lift like the ones from Starstruck.

1 Like

Isn’t there a height limit though

Are you reminding us, because you have read rule G5 of the game manual, or asking because you haven’t read rule G5 yet?

6 Likes

I’m a high school student doing vex V5 but my team and I will volunteer at a vex camp this summer and I have a few questions about vex IQ pitching in. I haven’t done vex IQ in years so I forget some general IQ rules. What is the motor limit for the robot for this year(pitching in)?

1 Like

Six Motor limit.

https://link.vex.com/docs/viqc/pitching-in/Game-Manual

9 Likes