Weird PROS Question

HI. I am wondering if there is any way to use PROS in chorme. With the PROS CLI version 3.0.0, it said that it can be used with any editor out there. I am wondering if there are any web-based editors that could use PROS. I am on a school chromebook, and it is the last week of school, so i have hours upon hours of free time, and I am not allowed to use any other laptop, so I am trying to figure out how to use PROS, even though the school has locked this laptop down, so I can not download anything. Sorry for the weird question, and thank you for your time!

Edit: I have figured out that it is possible to add the API to Replit, but I have no idea whatsoever on how. I have looked at the PROS Documents, and the Purdue Wiki, and have found nothing on how to add the API to something other then ATOM. Does anyone know how I can do this?

2 Likes

I have only used VSCode, but try replit.com. There is no guarantee it will work though.

Basically, I have no idea whatsoever how to add it to something like replit.com. I do not understand most of what I would have to do.

Idk. I just downloaded the extension from the VSCode extension browser.

last i checked, vscode runs on chromeos

Firstly, replit will almost certainly not work. You would first have to find a way to install the cli and toolchain. From past experience with replit, you will encounter so many issues during this process it is probably not worth your time.
You would then have to create a new project (no idea how that will go on replit), build the project through their terminal, then find a way to upload it.

Secondly, you are able to use VSCode in chrome and you can install the PROS extension. However, there is not currently WebUSB support so you probably won’t be able to upload the project. The one-click installation inside of the browser VSCode has also not been tested extensively and may encounter issues.

Here is an open issue for adding support for github codespaces (which will also add browser support) if you want to track it’s progress. https://github.com/purduesigbots/pros-vsc/issues/38.

1 Like

It’s not a browser, it’s atom…

Edit: I’m sorry I thought this was my own post. Ignore this reply

1 Like