What are people doing for the New Season?

Okay. Hi guys. I was wondering what people are doing for the next Season

• Wait to get to school
  • Start Researching
  • Start a notebook
  • Use online tools to program
  • Build a Robot
  • Prototype with other things
  • Prototype with Vex parts
  • Other

0 voters

How much time would you want to spend until the beginning of the school year?

• Less that 1 hour
  • 1 hour
  • 2 hours
  • 3 hours
  • 4 hours
  • 5 hours
  • 6 hours-10 hours
  • 10-15 hours
  • 15-20 hours
  • 1 day
  • 2 days
  • Other

0 voters

Thank you.

9 Likes

Here are some more

• 1 week
  • 1 month
  • Somewhere in between
  • 2-3 months
  • EVERY SINGLE DAY!

0 voters

Summary

This is pretty much seeing how much I should be doing each day. Thank you

11 Likes

I personally would love to work on building, but all of my parts are at my school. As far as time is concerned, I would honestly spend as much time as possible on robotics. Its definitely one of my top 3 hobbies. Can’t wait for the new season!

5 Likes

I can’t either. It is nice to hear what others are doing! Thank you guys!

5 Likes

Don’t forget CADing.

13 Likes

Yeah, since school is not open In summer, I would just research robot ideas or come up with some on my own.

4 Likes

Personally, I would do all of these if I could, but I don’t have the ability to because the notebooks and parts and tools are at school. As far as coding and Cad is concerned, my computer doesn’t support that kind of thing.

3 Likes

for notebooking, i would just share a google doc with ur team and go buy a graphing notebook next time ur out, and write down ideas and such from the doc in the notebook.

3 Likes

That is a great idea, but I am not sure if I will know everyone on my new team due to Covid-19 and all of the quarantine.

3 Likes

for me, its easy because we pretty much pick teams for next year at the end of the season. as my team is considered the “varsity” team bc we have the most experience, we are expected to do well and we pretty much stay the same team. we picked up a guy who went to states last year at the end of the season.

3 Likes

We were fortunate enough to move a lot of parts out of our school into a teammates basement so I suspect that that some of us will do some building there. But research every day is a given.

4 Likes

At our school, 7th and 8th graders can participate in Vex (I am in 7th grade) and when the 85( graders graduate, our mentor must pick new teams for us for next season.

2 Likes

I don’t really have to worry too much about which team I’m going to be on, because my teammates and I have been together for 3 years.

2 Likes

I would definitely do notebook because notebook takes so much time (more time than people would think). All the time would be great for extensive research/strategy/analysis in the notebook because judges really like to see that.

1 Like

Our school has been canceled for the rest of the school year. We have everything online as I’m sure you all do to. So our robot building will greatly be affected this season.

4 Likes

Where’s the “I’m graduating from VEX” option?

4 Likes

Plot twist, my country isn’t under quarantine, so I can just casually go to school

8 Likes

Same

And the “Stressing about college” option

4 Likes

Same, a couple colleges in the state where I wanna go are already shut down for next year so I’m a little nervous

2 Likes