What are we calling the "snailbot" design?

• Hoodbot
  • Dunkbot
  • Snailbot
  • Other (Specify please :slight_smile:)

0 voters

3 Likes

Once again, no matter how much credit I want SCA and Xenon to have, it’s not really any of our concepts. It was on vtow from day 1 and 210Y was working from day 1 as well.

With that being said everyone’s calling them snails now

12 Likes

Instead of basing the name on the hood, I propose we call these type of bots “Tube Bots” or “Pipe Bots” since they essentially act as a giant tube, taking balls out the bottom and looping them back up to the top, sort of like a water pipe.
The problem with the name “Hood Bot” is that it implies the robot has a hood. Some hood bots may not have hoods. The ri3ds we have seen are more akin to flywheels from tp than the described hoodbot.
Indeed, dunkbot is not sufficient since not all robots of this type “dunk” balls in. Only some will.
Snailbot is the best name as of now, but the resemblance is not really there. The bot looks more like a semicircle than a spiral.

Like the traybots from last year, and flywheels from tp, we should name robots based on the core concepts behind them. Traybots were based on the concept of a tray which cubes would slide up. Flywheels were based on the concept of a rapidly spinning wheel to shoot balls. Claw bots are based on the concept of using a claw to manipulate objects. And so on

4 Likes

Is this a better title? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would go with “What are we calling the snailbot design?”

Seems like that would make things easier

2 Likes

How about cycle bots?

6 Likes

Why was it called the Snail Bot?

Because it looks like a snail

2 Likes

Because they’re slow

/s

Stupid me
20 charact

I just call them cycler bots.

2 Likes

Cos 4bar trays will crush them
/s

The opposite actually

doubt it (20 characters)

1 Like

Dunker bot

don’t understand… why is there a need for another name for snail-bot…?

22 Likes

I would actually call it a hood bot. Similar to how last year we called tray bots due to its tray, I would call it a hood bot for its hood.

2 Likes

I think hoodbot is way more descriptive than a snailbot.

4 Likes

flywheel⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Yeah I agree. For Turing point we called it a flywheel bot.
Names for this design:
-Snail bot
-Dunk bot
-Flywheel bot
-Hood bot
-That bot

6 Likes