What CAD software your team (or you) Uses on VEX Robotics projects?

:rocket::robot:

Hello community members I am developing a job and would like to count on the help of everyone who participates in the VEX Robotics community!

Leave your vote here! I count on your cooperation.

Thank you all. Let’s spread and create a community every stronger vein! :+1:

• Autodesk Fusion 360
  • Autodesk Inventor
  • Solidworks Dassault
  • Catia Dassault
  • SolidEdge
  • Siemens NX
  • Blender
  • Onshape
  • Rhinoceros 3D
  • 3DS MAX Autodesk

0 voters

Thanks%20for%20your%20registration!

6 Likes

A small minority in the VEX Community uses AutoCAD, maybe including it can be helpful?

3 Likes

I’ll report a note about your comment!
Many thanks friend!

:rocket::robot:

Are you able to make the results public. I’m curious to know myself.

2 Likes

Hello team Electrobotz

Yes the results will be presented to everyone at the end of the vote!
In a few days I will leave this public!

Thank you! :+1::robot:

Thank you. I appreciate it. :+1:

I use RMS since it’s the lightest on the computers I have while working on robotics
If you count that as ‘CAD’…

5 Likes

Hi, thanks for your considerations, I’ll leave you registered in the survey!

Just to clarify, he uses RMS Mimic, which is a VEX-only robot simulator in which you can CAD and simulate a robot.

3 Likes

Great observation!
Thank you! :robot:

For cross-reference, a similar question was raised on Chief Delphi. https://www.chiefdelphi.com/t/which-cad-platform-does-your-team-use-why/359047

5 Likes

Thank you very much for making this link available to the research foundation. It seems to contain information relevant to conversation!

:+1: :point_up:

1 Like

Do people actually use 3DS Max for VEX :D?

It may be a real possibility, it depends on your level of performance!

I use autodesk inventor because it has a very simple way of importing and assembling parts, but I’ve heard that Fusion 360 is pretty good as well.

1 Like

Yes Fusion 360 is very practical mainly for working in the cloud so the project is very accessible for the members of the team. And some information can also be accessed by mobile devices!

2 Likes

Robotic_Traction_-_VEX_Robotics_V5_Design_2019-Jun-09_10-59-25PM-000_CustomizedView2658734157_png

5 Likes

2019-06-16T03:00:00Zrobotic-traction---vex-robotics-v5-design-2019-jun-09-10-56-04pm-000-customizedview489638520-png-3500-3500

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes