What does your VEX practice area look like

Hi everyone, I’m just interested to know what the practice areas for your teams look like (whether a single room or multiple rooms).

Here are some panoramas of what ours looks like.

unnamed-2

unnamed

unnamed-1

16 Likes

I don’t have any pictures, but our field is in our school’s library, but we build in our mentor’s classroom. Honestly our setup is pretty scuffed and super inconvenient, especially with the sporadic FL weather. But our school is “supposedly” building us a new space for the next school year (lol they said the same thing last year), so although I am graduating this year, I’m looking forward to going back, seeing my former teammates, and taking a tour of the new space.

10 Likes

WalshBots workshop facing practice field at school - other side are work benches and storage for parts and bots.

and facing other direction during tower takeover - pretty messy:). roughly two weeks before we shutdown due to Covid in March 2020

HS alums dropping by for unexpected feast :slight_smile: so much for no food in the workshop

I think it is good that teams have spaces that are they make their own - in schools, basements, libraries, garages, … great for memories!

thanks for this topic.

25 Likes

Ours is the field, a closet (Filled with parts and season pieces starting from 2016), and a rack. This is in the middle of the mentor’s classroom. I don’t have a picture.

1 Like

37 Likes

How?

1 Like

How did all of you managed to keep the lab so clean and tidy?!

Mine is like a perpetual junkyard

12 Likes

No photos, but it’s just a bunch of cheap folding tables and a field. The sawing table is barely holding up, it’s going to collapse any second.

3 Likes

It’s not technically our practice area, but my current workstation.

Edit: Looking at it I realize you could probably make this a scavenger hunt with how many random and miscellaneous pieces there are.

10 Likes

Turns out that throwing one of the old turning point poles at a box like a javelin while being pushed on a walker will cause it to turn into a pole vault and shoot into the ceiling. Then we put a scooter in the hole, as you do.

4 Likes

I don’t have any pictures, but I do have a CAD model of the room from when I was trying to prove a point.
IIRC one of the professors wanted at 3’ walkway between our field and anything on the side so I made this model to prove that it’s physically impossible without a changing the layout of the whole room.

10 Likes

Banners just out of view in the corner.

17 Likes

These are making me so jealous. :angry:

8 Likes

My second home, taken at the start of the school year.

Maybe 2’walkway on the other side of the field, and the field is against the wall, so not so optimal, but is ok for most games.

10 Likes

We have quite a lot of cleanup to do before getting to drive/auton practice.

brownie points if you can guess our design from this pic

13 Likes

here’s the white board in our lab

8 Likes

With FRC build season right now, we’ve had to use our new portable competition field to convert an adjacent classroom into a vrc practice field.

11 Likes

There

Fixed that for you.

6 Likes

Our setup is currently in a basement with our VRC table on one side and our IQ tables on the other. It’s pretty tight, but we’ve managed to make it work with no issues!

What’s sad though is the fact that I cleaned this area three days ago and it became this mess in less than an hour after being cleaned.

8 Likes

:joy: Usually the field is in our main shop room, so during homeroom / breaks random kids sleep on it. We’ve damaged a turning point platform by people using it as a pillow. If GDC releases a game with say bean bags we’d prolly have to beat people off with a stick

These are just our robotics kids, tired after setting up

3 Likes