What is the worst match you ever played in vex?

We lost 178 to 2 once in tipping point.
Besides that, probably once during IQ next level when we scored 2 just after scoring like 25 or something.

3 Likes

You ever heard of repressed memory?

17 Likes

Not exactly right for this, but it was in tower takeover, and I was at a league night. I was 7th, against 1st and 2nd. My alliance partner did not show up. I was winning, and then in the last 10 seconds, i headed towards the enemy’s corner, and the momentum of the bot pushed it forward and hit the tower, DQing us from the match. I could have won in a 2v1 against the #1 and #2 alliance. I almost cried. lol

6 Likes

We had a very complicated robot and a new driver and a horrible schedule being paired up with only push bots…

This is the first time this has happened to me in 4 years (we should have won two because of incorrect ruling for the 30 second rule, but the head ref had only been contacted 1 day before the event and read the rules that night)

4 Likes

I remember winning qualifications at state last year, winning 70-0 in the quarterfinals, and then nothing…

3 Likes

I’m not gonna lie but you kinda copied my “What was your best vex game” but it’s ok, also here’s my worst game.

4 Likes

Lol you are right
20 char

1 Like

Only thing is that my best game would not be quite impressive.

2 Likes

Here’s my best game if you want to see how good of a driver (Xbox player) I am.

4 Likes

Worst match i ever did was a 1 point match in rise above. We were going on our regular route, we had got the first riser in when our teammate slams into us. And they did it on purpose. Like whaaa? Then they keep trying to unplug our cords, and it took us the full minute to get the team to stop. We got a redo, and they got a dq.

10 Likes

Ah
Quite interesting

2 Likes

best part was that we did the match solo that time, got our best score ever. A solo 172, it was finals, and they didn’t win the tournament.

3 Likes

It was at the turning point world championship. It was our rou d of 16 match. Me and my teammate went for parks. I got high park and my teamate fell. We lost that match by 1 point. There was a cap floating because it was in between the plexiglass of the platform and another peice of the platform. If we has toggled a bottom flag, we win, if my Teamate had 2 more seconds to park. We win. If the cap wasn’t floating it was a rerun. We were extremely disappointed.

3 Likes

Mysterious
20 characters

2 Likes

xbox gang supreme lmao.

1 Like

In the same match (IQ) we were paired with a Herobot team that had dropped the robot four times and almost drove the robot off the table when we were queuing, a ball pushed the exit button on the brain, taking it out of the program.

Result:

We got five points. We cleared the corral and they ended the match stuck under the Low Goal bar trying to score a ball. This was this season, Pitching In.

3 Likes

Got pinned in the corner at states for half the match next to the opposing platform and got disqualified because I ended the match pinned into the platform.

1 Like

During the Round of 16 in states, my team’s battery came unplugged right after the goal rush in autonomous. We lost 63-174.

2 Likes

Not as bad as when the claw bot team deliberately attempts to prevent you from moving

1 Like

Oops😅didn’t mean to revive a dead thread. My bad.

2 Likes