What is this part name?

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know the name of this part? It looked similar to a chassis rail so I searched that but couldn’t find it.
It isn’t in any of my cad libraries and I haven’t been able to find it on the VEX website yet. Any clues or suggestions other than modifying a chassis rail and making a new part?

1 Like

It’s a older Vex part, it looks look like a good idea but ends up being to flimsy to support much.

1 Like

i just talked to a teammate (i wasnt at practice today) and they said it did look really old and could be discontinued… Those were also supposed to be 3 segment long c channels but there weren’t any so these are put on and their only purpose is to guild cubes, so support isnt a big deal because they will be under very little to no pressure.

The proper names I have heard for them is “slotted rail”. If you really wanted some you could buy them here

They are pretty terrible.


How old is the part? Did Vex make edr components before the game started?

This probably answers your questions the best.


The first Vex game that existed was

2007-2008: VRC Bridge Battle

but it was very small. The following couple years saw a lot of growth. There was also FVC but we won’t go into that right now.

1 Like