What is your proudest moment?

Let’s all celebrate our accomplishments, regardless of how small you think it is :smiley:

I think a healthy boost in ego is good sometimes.

I’ll start first. I was extremely proud when I ranked top 15 in the middle school skills ranking last year. Although that correlated to about 100th place overall, it was my first year and I never thought I would get that far.

2 Likes

Getting tournament finalists (local comp) with a double jointed arm tower bot. Went to states. Super fun.
Edit: that was also our first year as an EDR team, we were in eighth grade.

1 Like

I built and programmed a dr4b in one day
I also had just started programming the previous day

Wow. I applaud you for that. It took my team 3 months to get a properly working DR4B.

2 Likes

Congrats on states that year!

1 Like

the programming took the longest time since our main programmer did nothing and our secondary was on our second team
I’m a natural builder and an intermediate programmer

My team got excellence at every single competition we went to last year. we ended up with 18 total awards at the end of the year. We also triple qualified for worlds (2 at states 1 at a signature event).

5 Likes

Getting 6th place in our division at States with a robot built in 1 1/2 weeks. And then loosing the match that decided if we would go to world’s or not. By 1 point!

2 Likes

Being paired with a clawbot during bankshot for finals, having a catapult, and missing going to worlds by 3 points. All because we missed one ball during our driver run.

2 Likes

Being 19th in the world for a couple weeks this year (it’s my first year).

3 Likes

Getting to state with a scissors lift.

That’s just a crime.

1 Like

That is more of an accomplishment than me building a dr4b and it working first try
my dr4b didn’t work first try
so i have to ask
How?

I’m aware. It was my teams first year we were stupid.

It was during in the zone and we attached a makeshift mobile goal scoring devise at the bottom which made it possible for us to get in through skills.

makes sense
my team started during tower takeover
we managed to place 10th in our first comp. and made it to regional.
we never entered another comp. because my entire school was quarantined so we couldn’t meet to work on the robot and so we dropped out of the rest of the VRC season
most of the members of the team dropped the class this school year and so we only have 3 builders and only 1 of us is a programmer so we decided not to enter change up
and now we are just using the vex kits for our class projects

I almost made it to worlds with a forklift that year so I’m in the same boat.

Making it to the divisional finals in the us open (2019).

Beating 2 tray bots in the semifinals with two tower bots by 3 points (2020).

3 Likes

Last tournament in a match autonomous our robot instead of sucking in balls in a tower backed up and spun around the entire time
by far our proudest moment

3 Likes

Last year in the quarterfinals, my team’s bot got stuck on its own zip tie and our sister team fell over. Luckily we tied with our opponent and won the rematch at the last second by scoring a tower. We lost the semifinals but it was still one of our team’s best matches.

3 Likes