What would be the best gearing for a double flywheel?

The season is over for my friends and I and we want to find out what would be the best gearing for a double flywheel

Asssuming you want to be able to shoot caps all the way across the field 125:1 is good.
No but please give more background info ie purpose or goals.

A flywheel in general should have two things: weight and low resistance on its axle.

If you want the most power that a flywheel can produce, you will need to ensure the axle has the lowest friction on the “bearings” as possible. With the low friction, you can add a significant amount of weight to the flywheel(s) when using the smallest gear to the largest gear.

Your gear ratio, from this point, will be determined by factors: the acceleration of the flywheel and, again, the resistance of the axle.

If the acceleration is too slow, you will need to either remove some weight or reduce the gear ratio–speed or torque. If the resistance is too much, you will need to reduce the gear ratio–the weight has an insignificant effect on the resistance of the axle.

Keep in mind, the flywheel’s purpose is to take advantage of time used to produce more power. As the weight on the flywheel can be accelerated to faster speeds, essentially creating more mass, to deliver a larger force on the ball while only using one motor.

Edit: I also recommend using multiple wheels on the axle to increase the weight of the flywheel, instead of using cut pieces of metal–as that would create an imbalance and reduce your power.

In terms of gearing, I would shoot for a minimum of 2800 rpm. With cortex I would do a 1:25 gear ratio with torque motors or 1:21 with high speed- I’d recommend three or four motors for either one. As for v5, 1:15(200 rpm catridge) or 1:5 (600 rpm catridge) with either one or two motors. Minimize friction as much as possible.