Whats the fastest most compact gear ratio in vex iq

ive been wondering for a while what’s the fastest most compact gear ratio in vex iq

The biggest gap between gear sizes is 1:5, between the 12 tooth and 60 tooth gears. The same ratio is achievable with chain by using the 8 tooth and 40 tooth sprockets, but i believe the gears would be more compact. Going directly from a motor, with the 60t gear on the motor and the 12t gear on the output, you’d get 600rpm. (I’ve never done iq, just used some of the gears and sprockets for vexu, so there could be parts I don’t know about)

1 Like

im looking for one that makes the drivetrain about 3 inches, so i have space to fit other components on top for this years vex iq game

Depending in which direction you need it to be compact, you can always consider an option of compound gears. For example, you can have 12T:36T used twice in the sequence, resulting in 1:3 x 1:3 => 1:9 total gear ratio. However, 9x gearing for the drivetrain doesn’t seem practical to me.

1 Like

Personally I think the best drivetrain is to get the even gear pack. Put your motor on the 48 and push the 24. It’s very compact and you get a nice two to one gear ratio… Within the width of the tire.

1 Like