Wheel Programming

One of our Wheels are running slower than the other motors. We have changed out the motors and have had the same result. Does any one have a solution to this issue I have included a copy of my wheel program below.

motor[WFRM] = (vexRT[Ch2] + vexRT[Ch1])/2; //(y+x)/2
motor[WBRM] = (vexRT[Ch2] + vexRT[Ch1])/2; //(y+x)/2
motor[WFLM] = (vexRT[Ch3] - vexRT[Ch4])/2; // (y-x)/2
motor[WBLM] = (vexRT[Ch3] - vexRT[Ch4])/2; // (y-x)/2

Have you tried switching motor ports? You might have a motor port putting out less power than the other ports.

We have and are doing so far but no dice.

Are you sure all your motors have the same internal gears?

This probably isn’t your problem but we had a bad battery on our robot and a good one on our power expander… sides ran unevenly. Oddly, I was working on drive code at the time and thought that was messing it up, lol.

As Rick TYler said, make sure to check that all the motors are internally geared the same. One problem that we sometimes have is high amounts of friction on the axel. Make sure that you have good 3 hole bearings on and when there is no motor attached, the wheel and axel spin well (try to make all wheels equal this way). Hope this helps!

Has anyone found a different way to program the wheels besides the way I used.

Your code above looks right for an arcade control. Let us know if you find out what the motor internal gear ratio is.

Next Steps:
Divide and conquer. You need to go through each part of the motor circuit and diagnose where the problem is located.

• Switch motor ports (at the Cortex) between the slow motor and a normal speed motor. If the normal speed motor starts running slow then you know the issue is in the Cortex. If the slow motor continues to be slow then the problem is with the motor, motor controller, or there is a problem with friction.
  • If the slow motor happens to have a motor controller you may need to replace that too as a separate test.
  • If it is the Cortex then you could use a Y adapter for your left and right motor sets or use a different port for the slow motor.

Let us know what you find. Good luck.

I found that it was actually my program thanks anyway