When do I need to place an auton bonus cube?

If I am in the process of placing an auton bonus cube against the wall and notice an opposing robot coming to get it when do I have to place it? For example, if I have placed the cube on the ground, but have not let go, can I remove it? At what point in the process of introducing the auton bonus cube am I required to followthough?

1 Like

I would assume with all rules consider it would have to be gone though with the moment you start breaking the plane of the field as aborting the action there might cause you to violate G9 tough saying this if you want an official ruling you should ask at the QA found here. https://www.robotevents.com/VRC/2019-2020/QA

I agree with @JoelLynfield, once you put the cube down and remove your hand from the plane of the field, you aren’t allowed to reenter it. But this is assuming that your hand has been removed from the plane of the field, then I would think that it is a G9 violation.

According to the game manual:
https://www.robotevents.com/events/38971/uploads/4890/download

This is the defintion of rule G9:
Hands out of the field. Drive Team Members may only touch the Team’s controls and Robot at
specified times during a Match as per . Drive Team Members are prohibited from making intentional contact with any Cubes, Field Element, or Robot during a Match, apart from the contact specified in
a. During the Driver Controlled Period, Drive Team Members may only touch their own Robot if the
Robot has not moved at all during the Match. Touching the Robot in this case is permitted for
only the following reasons:

1. Turning the Robot on or off.
  2. Plugging in a battery and/or power expander.
  3. Plugging in a VEXnet Key or V5 Robot Radio.
  4. Touching the V5 Robot Brain screen, such as to start a program.
    b. Drive Team Members are not permitted to break the plane of the field perimeter at any time
    during the Match, apart from the actions described in .
    Minor violations of these rules that do not affect the Match will result in a warning. Match Affecting
    offenses will result in a Disqualification. Teams that receive multiple warnings may also receive a
    Disqualification at the Head Referee’s discretion.

So based on this, if I was head ref I wouldn’t have giving you a warning, assuming that your hand had not released the cube. If you did then I would have DQ’d you.

Hope this helps.

1 Like