Who should we lobby for as a speaker at Vex Worlds?

Oh forgot about Elon. Lmao I’d rather have Elon than Savage.https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1238895886504840879.JPG

Adam Savage is now doing online content at a website called Tested . There are a lot of interesting videos.

I am impressed by all of the suggestions.

Nothing I would want more. His time is incredibly valuable though and VEX just isn’t important enough to him. If VEX extended an invitation it is possible that he would say yes though.

As a huge Elon Musk fan boy I want to recommend this article to anyone who has the time this summer. It is a little big but incredibly fascinating about Elon Musk and his companies.
http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

@tabor473 I agree, Elon Musk is amazing.

If wallbots survive and Trump does go, imagine his reaction XD

I want the owner of an iBot wheelchair and someone with a high tech mechanical limb / hand to come and talk about how technology has changed their lives.

Neil deGrasse Tyson, the Mythbusters, Musk and others are cool people. But I want see the end users. I want a vision impaired person that was a shut in to say "I go out and my car drives me 10 miles to the market and to friends houses. " This is what technology is for, making a REAL difference in people’s lives. I’m not spending thousands of hours mentoring roboteers so they can make a better Twitter, I want to see improvements in peoples lives.

Ohh how I toyed with the comma in “Neil deGrasse Tyson, the Mythbusters, Musk and others are cool people. But I want see the end users.” Since it got quoted the wrong way, should have gone with the comma.

So I’ll fix it: Neil deGrasse Tyson, the Mythbusters, Musk and others are cool people, BUT I want see the end users.

+1 For Adam Savage. As both a Mythbusters and Tested lover, saying anything else would be heresy for me.

Samy Kamkar or Simone Giertz are pretty cool!

+1 for Savage!

I have read that same article. It is very interesting. Everyone should read it! Now!

Why are you still here? Go read the article!

Ok so we are all supporting these ideas about speakers but we need to actually contact them. It would need to be a planned attack. No one ignores 50 letters from random people about the same subject at the same time. Also, I think it’s important if we are going to contact them, we try to send them physical letters. Anyone can write an email, but literally no one writes a letter. I got this idea from GradeAUnderA, and his initiative is seeming to work. We need to make a list of who we are going to email and everyone needs to commit to sending a letter, or else we will get nowhere. We need to get moving early, or else it’ll be all talk and no action.

Please don’t go contacting/inviting people, at least not without talking to the RECF first. They might already be working on plans of their own on who to invite or maybe they don’t want any new guest speakers at worlds, and it would only make sense for them to invite someone after considering suggestions from the community. Only after they have extended an invitation, it may make sense for lots of people from the community to petition/write letters. However, I doubt that RECF would be willing to share their plans for guests at worlds and who they are trying to get to come (imagine the person doesn’t end up coming after it is publicized).

@Kevin Boenisch Yes that is true.

If Tai Lopez doesn’t speak at Worlds, I will riot.

What, about his lamborghini?

@bf01 Tai Lopez does not require his Lamborghini

not even his tedx talk where he talks about the Buffet Warren billionare? What about driving around in the hollywood hills?

Okay, but in all seriousness, can we talk to Adam Savage? I bet he’d love Vex almost as much as we do.