Why does my motor speed become slow when i use my program, but become fast when I use the drive feature

When I use my program, the motor goes as fast as a turtle, but then it reaches hyperspeed when I use the drive feature. I didn’t do anything wrong, I initialized the motor with the right gear cartridge, I connected it to the controller and I connected and put the right port, and I even used 100% motor speed.

What platform are you using? (vex v5 or vex IQ)

Can you take a screenshot of the code for us to see if there is anything wrong with it?

2 Likes

V5

The vexCode drivetrain and motor functions (like spinFor) run the motors at 50% by default. You can use setVelocity for each motor or group to choose a higher speed.

3 Likes

actually it’s 50 rpm, not 50%.

6 Likes

Confused… is default 50rpm no matter what cartridge?

yes, default is always 50 rpm, assuming cartridge is set correctly (the default for that being green)

(The reason is that we didn’t want the V5 clawbot running too fast with the simplest of programs)

9 Likes

and running off the table before club advisor figure out what was happening… (happened to a friend… seriously!) [ no students were harmed in said hypothetical scenario! ]

3 Likes

19 Likes