Will robots take over the world one day in your opinion?

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders conflict with the first law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the first or second law.

however…
do you think it will remain like this forever, or will the robots make the human race extinct?

We talked about this today in my engineering class. I do believe it will always stay this way.

well if you read iRobot you know how this eands

Robots won’t.

But Google will.

ha I agree

Self Driving cars, Google Glasses, Android, Google Maps and satellites, New google Fi Phone plan, Google internet routers, etc… google “will” take over the world? I think they already have plans to :wink:

One the subject of self driving cars there has been some pretty interesting discussion about the ‘morals’ of a self driving car. Things like what it should do if killing someone is inevitable. Who should it kill, what should it do?

I agree that google will probably take over the world… With Robots… and self driving cars and stuff… The end is near…

I hate to say it, but I foresee the day when a large percentage of the global population will be not only unemployed but also unemployable because of the extent to which automation will have displaced the need for average-level work skills. Making the skills situation even worse will be the enormous number of people who will have become truly, seriously addicted to playing electronic games, having done so since they were infants, having done so under the guise of educational-entertainment, etc. Today’s education establishment is in a mad rush to “gamify” education, which might help in some ways but will more likely do little more than herd even more kids even faster into a neurological cattle chute the likes of which the human race has never seen. Consequently, we might end up with a major fraction of the human race being minimally maintained, fed and watered by robots in warehouses in which the people do nothing but sit and click their lives away… peacefully… quietly… painlessly. "Not with a bang but a whimper. "

Most humans will be in near constant virtual reality while robots maintain the world. It will be like The Matrix, but we’ll do it of our own free will.

I would say that the programmer of the robot that is taking over the world would make a kill switch but it only takes one stupid programmer… Although I can easily see us turning into WALLE people…

Robots would definitely take care of this world better and being able to colonize space easier
Not such a bad thing them taking over the world TBH

So since my robot already drives itself and shoots projectiles it is capable of taking over the world…, great to know

If our team gets to worlds this year I’ll make a program using the blueprints of the venue for it to drive itself and our supplies around…

This would be really neat to see. It would have to be added to my collection of cool designs that I saw at world, which is really small :frowning: