Windows 8.1 Issue with Vex Cortex

Hi, recently my robot and computer have been having issues with connecting. I’ve done wireless and wired downloading, but tonight while testing autonomous the robot lost the ability to connect. I tried downloading firmware, but on my Surface Pro (the first one), running windows 8.1, it doesn’t recognize that the robot is connected to the computer. I downloaded all the drivers I needed when I first got RobotC (around the beginning of September), and I haven’t gotten any new drivers since. Is there any solution to this?

The specifics of the problem are a little fuzzy, but what I remember is this:
[LIST]
*]The batter (and extender battery) would die really fast, like ~10 minutes.
*]The lights would give “false positives” i.e. we would have green lights on the controller, but the robot light was red.
*]It worked on another kid’s laptop running windows 7 on bootcamp
*]I’m running windows 8.1, on the original surface pro 128 gigs
*]It works sometimes, then it decides to stop.
*]It may or may not have something to do with the cortex (we’re looking into getting a new one, but with a competition tomorrow there’s no time tonight)
[/LIST]

Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Humble Programmer

HumbleProgrammer,

Thanks for your detailed post.
If you cannot obtain a VEXnet link with the VEXnet Keys 2.0, what I recommend is to update your system using the firmware we have listed in our website. This means, you will have to install in your PC the following firmware update utilities:

VEXnet Firmware Upgrade Utility 4.1.5
VEXnet Key 2.0 Firmware Upgrade Utility V 3.0

If you cannot obtain a VEXnet link with the VEXnet Keys 1.0, I recommend upgrading to the 2.0 version of the keys via our 2.0 Trade-In Program.

Regards.

-Eli
Firmware.pdf (311 KB)