Worst fails of robots at competition

Huh I’m confused

20 characters

Please take this to the DM’s.

one of our drivers drove the bot directly into a dispenser and snapped the drive in half
its worth mentioning this drive was built ■■■■■■, but it was still hard to snap it in half like that.

In Tip we had a a pretty even match up that was gonna be a pretty tight match. We were winning by 20points and our platform was about to become unballanced so the entire drive team (even the kid who litreally never talks) was yelling at our alliance to not stack another goal on the platfor bc we did not need it and wanted to garuntee a win in that match. well htey ignored us and stacked it unbalancng our platform and costing us the match. We also went with a team that we went to their pits 10min b4 our match strategized and asked if they needed help since he was working on his bot. he said nope so we went to our match and he says Ohh by the way my motors are overheated so im not gonna do anything this match. Even though he watched ups spray our motors and we even offered him some. so we lost that match.

also just forgetting to turn on pneumatics

In our semifinal match at Tip states, we were up 170-150. Our alliance partner just had to hold onto a neutral goal and we would have qualified for worlds. However, they let it go, and the other team drove over and stole that goal. We lost the match 170-150.

They were right next to the goal too. All they had to do was lock their motor clamp on, but they failed to do that.

that reminds me of my team’s robot, we lost radio connection before the match and we were forced to just sit there

At our most recent competition there was a robot that when it was in the ground it wouldn’t drive and it’s drivetrain gears would grind big fail

I had a match last tournament and I was like, “alright, this is a win if I just go into the corner and shoot my string”. I was undefended, lined up and when the timer hit 10 I launched them… backwards. My string mech that normally scored 10 tiles shot outside of the field and the only tiles I scored were the ones my robot was on. Thankfully that was the weekend before the manual update and I didn’t get a DQ but I still lost. That was a big oof, but I’ve learned now to check that I’m not facing the wrong way before firing.

5 brain ports blowing in one day at a competition and the shorting of two wires. This all led up to the finals, where we had to use a timeout to be able to fix our bot and compete. Let’s just say wrenches, screwdrivers, compressed air, spare brains, wires, and motors were “flying” everywhere to get our bot ready. We ended up winning that tournament, but probably one of my worst competition experiences ever.

This robot was built in four days for the tipping point season:


As expected, it in itself was a big fail at competition. The chassis sagged, the cantilevered gears for the four-bar lift kept coming loose, the bar lift twisted anyways, the back mogo carrier kept letting the mogos slide out, and the entire thing had balance issues when using the bar lift. This was also before we knew that you should generally never use keps nuts.
Oh, and we had about 15min of driving practice.

This wasn’t a fail all at once, more like a fail that went over the period of an entire competition.
We clinched last place easily(out of around 40 teams, many being either pushbots or v5 clawbots), and the worst part was that it was at the competition we hosted.

This year is much better though. Everything is done in cad, we actually used a design process, and we overall became much more skilled at robot design and whatnot.
Learn from your mistakes my dudes.

I think this thing can speak for itself. Use your imagination.

Ok so in case you don’t have an imagination, this thing was basically a really bad conveyer belt on a Moby chassis, it was very much prone to tipping over, and the mogo pickup… Well, again, I’ll leave it to your imaginations

2 out of the 3 robots my school brought did not move at all. the third was undefeated up to when my teammate’s battery died. next competition I would have won if I tightened the 1 shaft cooler that caused a complete failure of the arm :frowning:

At state finals in IQ… had a bot that would have won break in half during the final 5 seconds of the match. They were winning by default until this happened. Cost them the state championship win.

During TiP season, there was a team that had its chassis split in half when it was in the wrong home zone… It was quite unfortunate as the other team had used the transitive contact to further increase their advantage.
Fortunately, it was only a qualification match, but quite sad to watch, nonetheless.

Ok, I was at a competition on Saturday and it was at finals, the blue alliance had 2 fully working robots with string shooters and a flywheels against a push bot with a roller and a robot that had a flywheel and a string shooter that didn’t go as far. Straight off on of the robots stopped working but didn’t white screen and the other got stuck on the push bot while the other scored disks. When endgame came around the robot that was stuck working launched their endgame and one got tangled on the push bot while the others went outside of the field and they got DQed. It was the craziest finals I ever witnessed.

You don't want to know what team was the push bot
You don't
Stop
You really don't
Fine you win

It was my team.