Your Strategy Ideas - Change Up

I’ve seen a couple posts with pre-determined bot ideas, but I want to hear your strategies this year and what kind of bots you would want to build. This is just so everyone can share what kind of ideas they have, and any original concepts in better detail rather than just having a bunch of possibly meta options. I feel like this game could be a breeding ground for never-seen-before ideas and I want to know what you guys are coming up with!

3 Likes

I dont know exactly what i will do yet, but i am going to try to have a 4-5 ball tray on a 4 or 6-bar. I haven’t decided between tank and x drive yet tho. A 4-5 ball tray would be good in my opinion because you can pick up 3 of the opposing alliance balls at the beginning of the match and then hold them throughout the match and still be able to pick up your own colored ball.

3 Likes

How about trying to keep goals at 2 balls, and hoard the other teams balls. Then, in the last 30 secondsish, you try to drop as many of your balls as possible in the goals. Maybe using a 9 ball tray

possessing more than three of your opponents balls is illegal tho

I know, but immediately intaking 3 of theirs and storing them the whole match is perfectly legal

1 Like

i was thinking of a place in the back of my bot to hold 3 of the opponents balls and a place in the front to score our teams balls

1 Like

So my thoughts on how to win change up:
Home row in auton is necessary for that win point. Every two times you do this, you’ve essentially won an extra match.

Getting that central goal is key

You should try to get the diagonal rows, because if you even have one diagonal row, your opponents can’t have any rows.

9 Likes

The problem is that if there is an opponents ball in one of the goals, you cant take it out

Possession limit is 3

thats only of opposing alliances balls
you can have unlimited of your own

1 Like

Personally, I’ve been thinking of a tray on a 4bar. I’ve been thinking of adjustments to make, and I’ve decided on a couple like one to separate the opponent’s balls from yours in a tray. This season seems pretty interesting strategy wise. (Connect 3)

2 Likes

This might not be the best auton in with regard to scoring points though. I would think you probably need to complete the home row anyway to get the most points possible, but it might turn out that there is a better auton strategy, in which case robots should have autons to perform that as well as completing the home row because win points don’t matter after quals; it’s just about who scores more points.

1 Like

you can only have six during defense

I’m new to this, but what if someone used the intake system that was used for most tray bots last year, but then used the gear+rubber band system to raise the balls to the top or ur robot where they get directed into a goal. Please reply if you find issues

You mean like this?

2 Likes

@dash7421 I would personally go for an x-drive because it gives you more mobility

1 Like

I agree with you @Xenon27. I think a good strategy is to try and control the top of each goal. That will get you a lot more points than your opponents even if they scored all of there balls. :grinning:

2 Likes

I was thinking of a detachable wall that spread across the entire field and blocked the opposing alliance from accessing any of those goals. The rest of the robot would consist of a snail or that wouldn’t be super efficient, but would get the job done. that couples with another offensive bot on our alliance is an unbeatable strategy even if you lose auton.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the limit is 3 (of how many balls you can carry)