Youtube Channel having Videos for Notebook

Hello people on the Vex Forums,

I wanted to know if you could have a YouTube Channel with videos included in the Notebook for events so judges could still see the videos even if the notebook was turned in physically. (printed)

Is this allowed in Vex? What should I do if I include it? I’ve never seen anyone do this before.

By the way, my channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC10aZZU6W3q1J3Lp6RvYqHA. It’s in development.

I’d appreciate the advice, thank you all!

Leah

4 Likes

You can have videos linked in your notebook (QR code or otherwise).
Judges are not allowed to use any documentation that is not in the notebook for judging though so it will not affect your score.

9 Likes

Okay, I will definitely add links to the notebook. Thank you!

2 Likes

You could also use gifs to show small clips of your robot running. (Given if it’s a digital notebook)

3 Likes

As a judge it’s best to add QR codes as those are the easiest to scan. Sure, we aren’t going to have enough time to scan each and every code, but it’s nice to have if there are any videos you want to include in your notebook (testing, autonomous routes, etc.)

3 Likes

If you have a QR code, there should definitely be photos or tables that describe what is happening. A QR code with no other documentation is not helpful and will probably be skipped (coming from a judge). At all of the world qualifying events I have judged, we have been told not to look at QR codes, so although they are helpful and cool when you see them, if that is the only documentation of that step from the EDP, points will probably be lost.

8 Likes