Zone Strategy

So my team and I are split between engineering a bot to drop a mobile goal over the 2.5" bar and putting it in the 20 point zone than just stuffing 3 mobile goals in the 10 point zone
I did the math and keep in mind that there is only 1 cone on each mobile goal and no highest stack bonuses
It adds up for the 20 point strategy to 53 points with a mobile goal in each zone and 2 in the 10 point zone and you have to engineer for the 2.5" bar
For the 10 point strategy it adds up to 43 points with a mobile goal in each zone and and you don’t have to engineer for the 2.5" bar
Is a mobile goal in the 20 point zone the high hang of starstruck? Thoughts?

Why not both?

well i mean if you engineer for both you’re sorta engineering for the 20 point and the 10 point just comes with it

I think the option that should be weighed against is the fact that it will be difficult (as far as I can tell) to get a high stack into the 20 pt zone. I think some team will chose to get more stacks on the goal rather than have a shorter stack in the 20pt zone.

As for your prediction that most will avoid hanging if they don’t do skills, I doubt that 20 pts is the equivalent of 10 cones. But we will have to wait until we get a time sense of how quickly teams can score.

@Maverick Hanging? I think you mean the 20 pt zone? :stuck_out_tongue:

We won two matches at world because he could hang fast, and that put us in the correct position to be picked.