26982E VEX Worlds Reveal 2019

worlds-2019

Science division better get ready for the fastest hyuk on 8 wheels!

Specs:
6m Drive 200RPM 7:5
1m Catty 100RPM 3:25
1m Intake 600RPM

Feel free to ask questions!

4 Likes

:robot::rocket:
Good luck!
In the world tournament!

0 Likes

8 wheels pretty spicy

0 Likes

at :33 I noticed that the forward ball rocked in the catapult basket. How reliable is your loading? If a ball is stuck in the forward position are you able to load the back position?

Also, what does the kanji on the side of your drivebase mean?

0 Likes

Funny you should ask about the loading, I was having an issue with the balls getting stuck on the stopper while filming, and I fixed the problem this morning with literally 1 zip tie XD. The Japanese on the side reads “Fujiwara Tofu Shop” as the robot’s paint job resembles the famous AE86 from the show Initial D.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. Good luck at worlds :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Why did you choose to use eight wheels over the normal four or six?

0 Likes

Honestly it was more of a “Why not” type of choice. This is my first time using these wheels, and when I figured out I could use 8 on a regular sized chassis and have an intake that spans the entire robot width, I decided that I would because I could! Not to mention the added grip benefits…

4 Likes

but can you climb over the field perimeter? one of my goals is to have a robot that can do that so I can flex by driving my robot onto the field into the starting tile.

0 Likes

That was unfortunately not one of my design goals, so I will not be able to win worlds by flipping my robot over the fields.

4 Likes