2775J Single-Motor Fold-Out Intake Concept

Post any questions or comments below! I’m happy to answer any. :slight_smile:
17 Likes

Great work! Is the intake connected to a lift?

1 Like

Yes, in an actual robot, the intake would be connected to a lift. To score, the intake would tip vertical and set down the stack.

4 Likes

pretty cool! first mention of side rollers and a tilting tray on a lift I’ve seen so far, I’m wondering how well that will work out.

2 Likes

I think this would be really cool! This likely would allow you to score on a previously placed stack of cubes. With this setup you could have a motor setup with like
4m drive
1m intake
1m tipper
2m lift

Then a flip out device could be implemented on the back that allowed you to hold more than 8 or 9 cubes!

3 Likes

4m drive
1m intake
1m tipper
2m lift
Then a flip out device could be implemented on the back that allowed you to hold more than 8 or 9 cubes!

That’s the plan! :smile:

2 Likes

Honestly it seems like a difficult challenge (lifting all that stuff, tilting forward, releasing stacks) but I think it’s a fun avenue to take! :wink:

3 Likes

That’s kinda what I was thinking of. I wonder how it would compete with some of the robots that have already been revealed (especially the ri3ds).

2 Likes

Try spacing the conveyors out more it’s hitting the cubes and causing inconsistency in the intake

Tbh I don’t see lifts being too effective with side rollers this year… if you can hold like 8-9 cubes in your tray then there’s really no need to stack on pre existing stacks. Of course tower scoring/descoring is a bit of a problem but there are a few solutions.

1 Like

Ok no joke this is the same exact thing we were planning. Same motor distribution and everything. But be careful with the tipper as you need the intake to extend out a decent ways in order to reach the corners.

3 Likes

Yep. We plan on using a 4-bar or paracord like 1727G. Glad to hear we were thinking similarly! :smiley:

1 Like

Could you explain a little further what you mean?

I agree, however the new V5 motors definitely change the game when it comes to lifting power it’s going to be much faster gameplay this year

Cool design and thanks for sharing.

Do you plan to have the rollers tilt with the tilter, which would allow you to pick up stacked cubes more quickly but make out taking worse

Or have the rollers stay diagonal, which would allow for easier out taking but require you to pick up stacked cubes one by one

Or have the roller move apart (like some other robots do), which would be harder to build but might allow you to pick up stacked cubes and easily out take.

1 Like

Are you sure it cant intake any more cubes?

My plan is to designate a motor as the tilter, which will extend the stack forward and tilt it. The plan is for this tilter to be mounted on a lift.

The other possibility is that since the intake rollers don’t lock, they could somehow be released with the tilter to set down cubes. :man_shrugging: That’s a hard problem to solve tho. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

For this intake, 4 is the max without a passive foldout tray like 1727G or 448X. For the early season I’ll probably stick with 4 at a time (it is mounted on a lift after all) and switch later on.

2 Likes

I was referring to the pushing power of the intake. As in, will one motor only push up 4 cubes? Let’s say in theory you make a 9 cube capacity intake, will one motor be able to push those 9 cubes up the storage system?

Theoretically, yes. :man_shrugging:

Realistically though, the intake would need to be diagonal/flat, and the last few cubes might be a little difficult. Don’t know for sure though.

1 Like