9447H CAD reveal

I know this is very late for a reveal, but I decided to finally learn CAD and made my tower takeover bot.
All cad was done in Blender so if you do want those files I can give them to you, but it will not be a .step.

Also if you have any questions about the bot, ask them and I will probably respond to you

ROBOT RENDER 1

ROBOT RENDER 2

ROBOT RENDER 3

EDIT: Just wanted to add this new render I made, same robot new paint job
ROBOT RENDER COLOR

25 Likes

Blender CAD. Very cool. Dennis, maybe you want to say something here? @Codec

3 Likes

you had 4 trays? I tried that once. Let’s just say that was a DISASTER

yep we found 4 trays to be much more relaible than a sliding section. We prototyped both multiple times and the sliding tray was always lacking in some way. Our 4th tray actually fits inside of the third section so when we folded up, it didnt add any more space than 3 trays.

1 Like

thats neat.

1 Like

we have a 4 tray + slider

3 Likes

Did the flip out cause the bot to jurk a lot?

It jurked more than i wanted, but wasnt bad overall

we had a 4 stages, we destroyed other ms teams.

1 Like

Nice robot! :blush: Thank you for sharing.

The back of the drivebase appears to slide out (acting as an anti-tip mechanism). Does it slide out or is what I’m seeing is just how the drivebase is structured? If it is an anti-tip mechanism, how does it work?

2 Likes

It is an anti tip mechanism and it functions with a rubber band (that isnt shown) pulling it out at the start of a match. We used this type of anti tip instead of the normal flip out ones because we had problems with anti tips flexing and bending out of the way and this was much more secure

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. Cool ingenuity!

4 Likes

That looks really cool. Nice job

2 Likes